Friday, May 8, 2020

Even more neighbourhood wildlife

To continue to report on wildlife sightings in my area, here are a few more (including new photos of species already mentioned).


Brown Creeper


Chipping Sparrow


Raven and Crow


White-throated Sparrow


Eastern Cottontail Rabbit


Hermit Thrush


Ruby-crowned Kinglet


Bee


Yellow-bellied Sapsucker


Northern Cardinal

And below is another shot of the Cooper's Hawk.  I have found their new nest and watched one pulling bark off a tree to carry it to the nest.  I guess they are in an early stage of preparing it.


I will just mention two other birds that were seen but not photographed:  a Common Flicker and a Brown Thrasher.

I look forward to more species as migration progresses!











6 comments:

  1. Lovely post and pictures. You're lucky to see such a variety in the neighbourhood. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flighty. I can always count on you for uplifting comments. :-)

      Delete
  2. Such an exciting time of year for the wildlife. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos messymimi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great assortment of wildlife in your area. I'm looking forward to see what other animals or birds you find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Didee! I will be keeping an eye out for more interesting animals.

      Delete