Saturday, June 5, 2021

More Interesting And Funny Sights

Last October I posted a few photos of funny sights around the neighbourhood and, if you like, you can see it again here.  

In the months following that post, I have found a few more things to show you. :-)



After a surprise snowfall following warm, beautiful weather, someone decided to write "love" and not a more likely four-letter word!


I often see these fellows in their windows (that is one house) but I much prefer to see them out enjoying a walk.


I passed by a construction site one day and a large metal container had this design on the side.  I found it compelling for some reason.


This wall mural appeared one day and although I can't condone graffiti, I thought it was beautiful (not sure about those fangs though) and it reminded me of primitive canyon wall art that I've seen in the American South-West.


This appeared on top of a large boulder just next to a playground behind a day-care center.  I believe it is meant to be a dragon due to the pointed foil spines (triangles) on the head.


This is a friend of the dragon and sits beside him.  I love his expression.


What a perfect use for the field posts on an unused football field!  Social distancing creativity at its best!


On the subject of hammocks, this seems ideal for a bird tired out after all that migrating!


Important note:  regarding the photo above, all masks should have their ear loops removed (two quick tugs work fine) and then all parts should be placed in a closed garbage bin. (The ear loops have been known to entangle wildlife.)





8 comments:

  1. There are some delights here -- the dogs, the smiling rock, and the hammock especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spotted pictures, I like the dogs.
    Discarded masks annoy me more than most litter or rubbish, of which there is far too much. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty. I agree about discarded masks. I once counted 17 in just a few blocks. I have cleaned up one area three times now (mainly cigarette packages, gum wrappers, and water bottles).

      Delete
  3. It is fun to see what you've come across on your walks Doris. The friend of the Dragon is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete