Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Interesting and Funny Sights in the Neighbourhood

During these serious times, it is important to find some humour where we can.  So here are some interesting sights that I have come across during my neighbourhood outings. (Captions are below each image).



A novel way to social distance. (Student on a college campus)


This is a fire hydrant just outside my apartment building on which someone put a Provigo (supermarket) shirt.  One dark evening, with no working streetlight, I mistook it for a kneeling person and talked to it.  It did not answer me ...


On the back of a parked car.  I love this!


I'm not sure what is the story of this little, forlorn looking guy.  He is sitting outside the doors of a closed day-care center.  He sat there overnight and was gone the next day when the center opened.



Now this was a surprise! Our weather has been unseasonably warm so this fellow was not the result of a freak snowstorm but was actually "snow" scraped off a local indoor hockey rink and dumped at the edge of a parking lot.  I have to confess that I was the one to give him eyes and a smile. :-)


Now here is a very strange creature that has been spotted prowling about!  You probably guessed that it is the blogger herself - all decked out in a ball cap to hide my gray roots, sunglasses to protect my eyes and a "raccoon" mask to protect from COVID-19!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Doris for the laughs! Especially liked the Provigo shirt one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post and smiley pictures. It's always sad to see lost toy animals and hope that this one got home safely. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice comment Flighty. Take care too. :-)

      Delete
  3. What a nice, lighthearted post. I like how you came up with the 'snowman'. For some strange reason, though, I don't recognize you in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anvilcloud. Odd that you couldn't recognize me... Lol.

      Delete
  4. The shirt on the fire hydrant fooling you into thinking it was a person reminded me of a story about my aunt who was horribly nearsighted without her glasses. One day, she started talking to the lady across the street, but it was the tree in the front yard, not the lady. Her family loved it, they ribbed her for quite a while about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing such a funny story about your aunt, messymimi. I enjoyed knowing I'm not the only one ... :-)

      Delete
  5. So nice to see you and get some laughs during this challenging time. :) Keep up the good work. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy. It's good to hear from you. xxx

      Delete