Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Well, we had a good five years ... but as with many relationships, the good times come to an end.  I have to say though that the break-up note blindsided me!

I didn't know that I had done anything wrong.  There was no indication of trouble at all ... but I guess it had been building up and then – bam! – no warning, and all communication was over.

Why was I being blocked this way?  A terse email was a pretty demeaning way to tell me it was over (and after two whole weeks of wondering what was going on).

Here is what I found in my in-box yesterday.  (I've added a "translation" in red).


Hello,

We're writing to let you know that your account has been suspended due to multiple or repeat violations of our rules.  You know what you did!

Please do not reply to this email, or send us new appeals for this account as we won't monitor them.  I will NOT return your calls and never want to speak to you again!

Thanks,  (sarcasm)

Twitter


So, my tweeting days are over.  I wonder if Donald Trump has any advice ...

8 comments:

  1. Good for you to be able to express humour when all you probably want to do is rant and rave about the injustice of it all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Didee. Yes, I do want to rant and rave!

      Delete
  2. Sadly, I didn't know you on Twitter. I use it mostly to follow a few people, but when I do check out comments, I get exasperated.

    You have a voice here should you want to go that route. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How annoying and unfair. I think that they should detail the offending tweets. I know that their rules, like Facebook, are at times seemingly arbitrary and even non-sensical. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty. I agree. I still don't know what was my transgression. :-(

      Delete
  4. It happened to my son, too. He never tweeted, just followed a few people, and since one of them was conservative and kicked off the platform, he was kicked off, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi messymimi. That is so unfair to your son! Twitter seems to be overreacting.

      Delete