Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Making Coffee




Prior to COVID-19, I never had a coffee maker but visiting cafés is on hold for now.  I love this one because it is so easy to use.  

Here are the simple steps: 

1) fill the tall steel mug with water;

2) pour that water into the coffee maker's tank;

3) place the plastic cup and filter into the coffee maker;

4) add the ground coffee;

5) plug in, switch on, wait.

Ok, very simple right?  

Well, here are the various scenarios that have happened (with some disastrous results):

1) I've forgotten to add the water;

2) I've added the water to the mug but forgotten to pour it into the tank;

3) I've added the water to the tank but forgotten to add the coffee;

4) I've added the coffee but before putting in the plastic cup and filter;

5) I've added the coffee and water but forgotten to plug it in;

6)  I've plugged it in but forgotten to switch it on.

Now, with my coffee I have a toasted bagel with peanut butter.  

Here is my latest scenario regarding the toaster (which luckily has no separate pieces):

1)  I've forgotten to plug in the toaster;

2)  I've spread the peanut butter on the bagel prior to toasting.

The problem is:  I need a cup of coffee in order to be alert enough to make a cup of coffee!! 

8 comments:

  1. Could you pour in the water, put in the filter and coffee, set the mug in place, and have it like that the night before so all you have to do in the morning is plug it in and push the button?
    In my life i have found that the less i have to do in the morning, the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like good advice messymimi. I shouldn't rely on my foggy morning brain!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chuckles Doris! I can relate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I don't drink coffee I certainly have similar problems at times when doing my tea and toast. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone. :-)

      Delete
  4. This is delightful. It seems like we are kindred spirits. I have two coffee makers in my den so I don't have to navigate stairs in the morning. I usually use the tassimo very first thing. Occasionally, I insert the pod in the incorrectly. When Sue arises, I make a big pot in the other machine. I have been known to forget to add the coffee.

    I have done my single mug an hour ago. Now it is time to prepare the pot for Sue's arising.

    ReplyDelete