Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Hallowe'en

 


I chose this image for a number of reasons:  the leaf is orange (a Hallowe'en colour); the shadows of the round leaves behind the main one make a face somewhat like that on a pumpkin (at least in my mind); the leaf points above the "eyes" remind me of a cat's ears (another symbol of Hallowe'en) and finally, the leaf is a maple leaf which represents Canada and this is a time to think of our fellow Canadians (as well as people of all countries) while the coronavirus continues to spread.

Another object that I found while touring my local cemetery is this plaque:


Roughly translated, it reads:

Think about what never dies -
Think of the stars and the sun
which always will be present -
Think about nature and its beauty
which always defy time -
Think about love that you hold -
And remember that always
it will live in you.

Happy Hallowe'en, stay safe, keep well!

8 comments: