Sunday, July 12, 2020

More Moths in the Neighbourhood

I never thought that I would find such a variety of moths (with many uncommon ones) in my neighbourhood.

Here are new sightings I have made.  As you can see, moths come in all shapes, colours, and sizes!


Nessus Sphinx Moth, amphion floridensis


Banded Tussock Moth, halysidota tessellaris


Maple Callus Borer, synanthedon acerni


Large Lace-border Moth, scopula limboundata


Grapeleaf skeletonizer, harrisina americana


Squash Vine Borer Moth, melitta curcurbitae


Carrot Seed Moth, sitochroa palealis






8 comments:

  1. Wow! There's a world of moths that i had no idea even existed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea either! It's been a real learning experience.

      Delete
  2. I used to think moths came in one colour - mottled beige. What an eye-opener to see the various colours and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way Didee. An "eye-opener" is a good way to describe it!

      Delete