Friday, July 24, 2020

A Few Photos of the Maturing Hawks

The young hawks are now flying out of the cemetery and onto the adjacent college campus.  They like to swoop around the buildings. They are still dependent on the parents for food though and return to the "nest" tree where they call out.

This morning I went to see if they were around and only spotted one high in a tree among the branches.  I was rather disappointed that I wouldn't get any good shots and started to leave when I suddenly noticed one on the fence (between the two areas).  I liked the lighting and the background and was able to get pretty near to it for some portraits.  I hope you like them!







(Check out the fly on the hawk's shoulder).




8 comments:

  1. Oh that is good. Nice blurry bg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anvilcloud. I always want these blurry or dark backgrounds.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning photos! I wonder if he or she recognized you and thus wasn't nervous around you. After all they've seen you since "birth". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be something if those little hawk eyes have been recognizing me all these weeks?! I like that idea. :-)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful, thank you for posting these.

    ReplyDelete