Sunday, June 4, 2023

If You Can't Find Me In My Bed


If you can't find me in my bed,

come out and look for me under the moon.


Listen to the notes of the robin's song in the pre-dawn night.


I'll be in the shadows with the cats and skunks and raccoons.

I'll be crouching between wall and wheel filling up their bowl.


And I'll be filling my lungs with the scent of trees and grass and earth.

And I will listen to the notes of the robin's song in the pre-dawn night.


June 2018

(from the book Discoveries In The Dark by Doris Potter)

© Doris Potter

6 comments:

  1. I like it all, including the beginning, which was poetically beyond, "I got up early ..." 😇

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out there with the wild things is a good place to be on a moonlit night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could well be me as I'm always awake and up early. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a good habit to have Flighty. It is a quiet, magical time.

      Delete