Tuesday, December 13, 2022

"Your account is permanently suspended"

If you recall back in June 2021, I blogged about Twitter having suspended my account.  See here.

Twitter never gave me a warning or told me why.  They flatly refused my two appeals with a terse, generic message.

My only "sin" seemed to have been participating in a tweet storm to advocate for better treatment of animals.  

Well, with Elon Musk taking the reins, I wondered what might happen (but, to be honest, I do not want to be associated with Twitter under the present circumstances anyway).  

I did find it ironic though, that in the week when he announced that he was giving amnesty to those with suspended accounts and he lifted the ban on Trump and others of his ilk, a message appeared on my page written in bold letters "Your account is permanently suspended". 

 


This new development makes me look at the "What's happening?" line that Twitter displays and ask, yes, Twitter, what IS happening?!

7 comments:

  1. How annoying. I've been on there for years but with what's happening since Musk bought it I'm likely to move to Mastodon, where I've been for a few weeks, before too long. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people are going to leave Twitter too, Flighty.

      Delete
  2. You deserve an explanation! No one should be treated like this. When Musk took over I went to close my account (which I hadn't used in years) and found that it no longer existed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it happened then. It shouldn’t have. But it’s a mess now. I have heard good things about ‘Post.’ They are taking it seriously and say they wish to promote respectful dialogue. I am going to try it, but it will take awhile to reach a threshold population so that it becomes useful. Some are also migrating to Mastodon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only social media is my silly blog, and under a different name, and it's more than enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're wise messymimi. I hear more and more of people regretting getting on social media.

      Delete