Saturday, August 27, 2022

Thanks For The Dance

 



I found you on a moonlit night,
You walked the streets alone,
Your feline silhouette was slight,
Your ribs showed every bone.

And when at last your trust was won,
I brought you to my home.
And now you're sleeping in the sun,
No further need to roam.

And cradled in my arms tonight,
This moonlit winter evening,
We're dancing in the silver light,
To Alexandra Leaving.

I hold you up against my ear,
Love starts to overwhelm.
Your purring's all that I can hear.
We've reached a higher realm.

2020

(from the book Discoveries In The Dark by Doris Potter)
© Doris Potter




6 comments:

  1. How sweet to read this again, and good for you for taking her in to live a better life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anvilcloud. I've now had Willow since August 2008. She enriches my life.

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful and such a lovely picture. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty. She posed so nicely for me. :-)

      Delete