Saturday, February 25, 2023

Surrender

I gaze into soft brown eyes that smile

as warm hands hold me, melt me.


Slowly ... slowly the clothing falls away

and I am left exposed – delighting in

           my nakedness, in the desire in

           your eyes.


Your kisses reach inside me; touch me

            in wonderful places; soft, quiet

            places of my soul.


Your gentle hands stroke my face, cradle

            my face ...


And my body opens to you, ready and longing

            for your touch.


And you fulfill me – as I gaze into your eyes.

It is you:  your hands; your tongue; your presence –

That bring me to such heights –

             to such delights.


1980

(from the book Discoveries In The Dark by Doris Potter)

© Doris Potter

6 comments:

  1. I’m all heated up now. 😇

    Seriously, you capture the time so well. It must have been very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me smile. And, yes, it was indeed meaningful.

      Delete
  2. This is very evocative and well done.

    ReplyDelete