Saturday, October 8, 2022

The Robin's Song

The robin sings before the dawn,

trusting that day will come.


I listen while lying sleepless

wondering if my heart will still beat

once his song is done.


2018

(from the book Discoveries In The Dark by Doris Potter)

© Doris Potter


Please note:  sometimes your comments aren't published for some reason, but I do see them all from emails.  If they don't show on the blog, I add them manually as well as my reply.  So, please continue to comment – I really appreciate them. :-)

6 comments:

  1. messymimi commented: "Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment messymimi. You are right.

      Delete
  2. Oh, so you have that comment thing happen too. Cheerup said the robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed that you have it too, Anvilcloud. I will heed the robin. :-)

      Delete