Monday, May 2, 2011

A couple of critters and lots of spring wildflowers

What could be better than a beautiful week-end in Spring? I took advantage of the fine weather to check out my favorite wildflower area in a local nature park and I wasn't disappointed! The abundance of flowers and the interesting variety made the place a true treasure trove. The addition of a cute Red Squirrel and a "just as cute" Garter Snake made the experience even more special.


Red Squirrel




Garter Snake



Bloodroot




Hepatica








Carolina Spring Beauty







Dutchman's Breeches








Trout Lily (or Dog-toothed Violet)







Colt's foot







Red Trillium









5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. You know your flowers. I never see red trilliums around her. In fact, the only place where I have seen them was in your province -- at Montebello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AC. I love spring flowers. They appear quickly and don't last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrels and lovely spring flowers yes, snakes definitely no! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww ... snakes need love too! : -)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just as keen on snakes as Doris is. Being sisters we must have gotten the same gene. :-)

    Although I love flowers of all types I cannot remember their names - is there a 'flower memory gene' that I didn't inherit?

    Great photos Do!

    ReplyDelete