Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Four Young Hawks - final post

As I've been photographing the young hawks and they have become more independent, I don't always see all four of them together.  On Saturday (August 1st), however, I was lucky enough to find them together at the same time, allowing me to get a shot of each separate individual.  

So I thought I would post a July 8th nestling shot (all four in the nest) and then their individual portraits as young adults.  I feel like a parent documenting the "graduation" of my children!  And I will now deal with the "empty nest" syndrome (literally) ... 










6 comments:

  1. I am glad for you that you have had this pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, a successful nesting season this year, i'd say! And i am sure you will miss them, but maybe the parents will be back next year, and perhaps some of the children as well to start families of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right messymimi. I am looking forward to see what happens next year. The parents certainly picked a good location for this year's nest so maybe they will use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures, good to see each one. xx

    ReplyDelete