Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Even More Moths in the Neighbourhood

I have found several new moths since my last "moth" post.  

I was very happy to find a Primrose Moth as, although I have seen these before, this was the first time I was able to see and photograph its funny little face. :-)

Here are three views of the beautiful Primrose Moth (schinia florida):




And here are some more lovely moths:


Salt-and-pepper Looper Moth, syngrapha rectangula



A type of Engrailed moth


Briseis Underwing Moth, catocala briseis


White Underwing, catocala relicta 


Possible Once-married Underwing, catocala unijuga





6 comments:

  1. You are the MOTHer of moths photos.
    (Trying hard here :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Moths like the Primrose are every bit as colourful and pretty as any butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty. I agree about the Primrose moth.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! Now i wonder if any of those live around here, i will have to keep a better lookout for moths. They are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget where you live messymimi. Is it in the UK? I hope you find some amazing moths!

      Delete