Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Leonard Cohen - one year later


Leonard Cohen died one year ago today. 



On Saturday I visited his grave site to place a small metal plaque reading "love" and was glad to see that a tombstone has now been erected for him (separate from the family one which I photographed for an earlier post).


A plaque was also laid at the foot of his grave.



Last night a tribute concert took place here in Montreal at the Bell Centre - the same venue where I saw him in 2012.  It has received excellent reviews and was organized by Cohen's son Adam.  

It was a star-studded event and will be broadcast on CBC radio 2 at 8 p.m. tonight and a televised version will be broadcast on CBC TV on January 3, 2018 at 8 p.m. (click here for details and more information).

6 comments:

  1. It's still sad to think of him being gone. Looks like plenty of admirers visit his final resting place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree messymimi. Every time I have passed by his grave (it is near where I do a lot of photography) I see someone visiting it.

      Delete
  2. Nice post. I hope you enjoyed the concert. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty. Yes, I did enjoy the concert and I'm looking forward to seeing the televised version in the new year.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up. We were out last night and sans proper tv in general, but we may catch this at point regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Anvilcloud. I hope you do catch it at a later date.

      Delete