Sunday, August 13, 2017

I found my heart!

If you recall, I wrote a post in April of last year in which I mourned the loss of a heart-shaped stone which my Dad had given me several years ago:  http://dorispotter.blogspot.ca/2016/04/losing-my-heart.html

Well, I am very happy to say that I have found it! It was in my purse all this time (but deep within a zippered pocket).  I really don't know how I didn't find it when I was searching everywhere - including my purse (where I had originally put it)!

The unusual thing is that I had had a very interesting conversation with an artist/photographer earlier that day and she is known for "seeing" hearts in nature (for example, the way tree branches arc together).  

In fact, she showed me a beautiful image she captured of her reflection in a heart-shaped puddle and a series of photographs of a candle flame in which there is a clear image of a red heart at the center of the flame.  That very night I happened to go to my purse to retrieve earrings I had put in the pocket and lo and behold pulled out my precious stone heart!

I am thrilled to feel its cool, smooth surface again.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! That's such a blessing to find it.

    One lady i knew lost the keys to her car. She was certain they were in her purse. Eventually her son found them, they were in the purse, they had slipped through a hole in the lining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you messymimi. I'm glad the lady you mentioned also got back her lost item. A lesson learned about purses! :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice post. It's good to see that you found it. xx

    ReplyDelete