Monday, December 6, 2010

Foxes return to Mount Royal

I was very pleased to find three (!!) foxes on Mount Royal yesterday. Two were together (and had been sighted by another fox enthusiast last week-end) so I am thinking that they are probably a mated pair.

Fox sightings have been very scarce for over a year now so these were a welcome sight.

One was kind enough to settle down for a snooze and allowed me to get these photos. I like the way his fur matches the fallen leaves. In the second shot you can see he still has one eye on me!






6 comments:

  1. The middle of Canada's second largest city is certainly a mecca for wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy to find there are still foxes in that area. Here's wishing you many more sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AC: yes, it is amazing. I always thought I would have to go to wild places far away to see such wildlife.
    Thanks Didee. Now that I know they are there again I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking animal, and terrific photos. Sadly I've not much of our resident ones for ages either. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put up one of your wonderful photos on my (mostly) political blog, http://badattitudes.com/MT/ I'd love to continue swiping from you, but hesitate to do so without permission. If you have no objection, would you mind telling me so at jerome.doolittle@gmail.com? (My own photographic subjects, apart from family, are mostly herpetological and floral.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw one a week ago and believe or not it was walking along where Tams-Tams take place. i was so surprised, albeit it was the wee hours of the morning, but the last time i saw one was a few years ago and that was way up on the mountain

    ReplyDelete